IHG has implemented an intranet system named “IHG Merlin” which can be accessible by all registered IHG colleagues to create a single communication platform among all these hotels. IHG connected all of its hotels across the world. In order to ensure that all hotels were enabled with the business intelligence and had up-to-the-minute information on each others’ business performance, it worked with the some of remotely located properties but a team of more than 220 people who worked on the project around the globe.
IHG Merlin online portal is the main source of news, HR, and corporate information within IHG and a huge library of training opportunities and other resources for employees as well. Eg. IHG Booking Agents can able to use Merlin in order to accomplish the IHG Agent University Coursework to learn more about their brands and how to make the best choices for their customers.
|Number of Employees||3,75,000|
|Number of locations||5,409|
IHG Merlin Login
If you’re serving your roles and responsibilities as a current employee at IHG company and having a Merlin account, you can log into the ihg merlin account by considering below step by step procedure which included:
- Firstly, visit official website address www.IHGMerlin.com from your preferred web browser.
- Once you’ve entered into the portal, you need to provide login credentials information including user name, password, and domain on appropriate fields.
- If you confirm that the provided details are correct, go to login button and get access to the employee benefits.
- If in case of forgotten password, click on forgot password option and recover the ihg merlin details with ease and convenience.
IHG Employee Room Benefit Programme
The employees of IHG, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and other employees who working at hotels owned, managed, or franchised by IHG or its subsidiaries or its affiliates will be eligible to access the employee room benefit programme. If you are not none of these employees, you can find the hotels by using IHG’s Make a Reservation page. Through the IHG Merlin Portal Employees can access the benefits.
In order to participate in the IHG Employee Room Benefit Programme, you should be eligible by presenting a valid identification upon check-in at the hotel. Here, you must make a note that should book your employee rate online and can’t call to make your reservation.
- If you have validated the IHG Rewards Club Member, you are ready to access the employee benefits including employee rate. In order to search for hotels and make a reservation, you should log into your IHG Rewards Club account.
- If you have a Merlin id and not validated with the IHG Rewards Club Member, you can click on I have a Merlin ID link and follow the steps.
- If you do not have a ihgMerlin ID, your manager will have to validate with your IHG Rewards Club Member.
Terms and Conditions to Access IHG Employee Room Benefit Programme
If you’re working as an employee or one of its affiliates or subsidiaries or another employer’s employee but are working at a hotel under IHG system, you will be eligible to gain the benefit of IHG Employee Room benefit programme. Once the employment has been validated, all full time or part-time employees are eligible to access the benefits. Visit Customer section
IHG Employee Room Benefit Programme Code of Conduct
- Specifically, IHG Employee Room Benefit Programme is eligible for all employees of companies in the InterContinental Hotels Group and for other companies who working at hotels owned, managed, or franchised by IHG or its affiliates or its subsidiaries. When staying at any IHG property, employees should handle themselves appropriately. The employees who utilizing the benefit will be held accountable for their behaviour as well as the behaviour of any of their guests who staying or visiting the hotel.
- If the Employee Room Benefit Programme is abused by an employee or his or her guest in the way, the company has a right to revoke this benefit from the employee including persue any other appropriate disciplinary legal actions.
- To book the employee rate, an employee should be an IHG Employee Club member.
- Let’s say, if you have a IHG Merlin ID, you should provide your IHG Rewards Club member into your profile in Merlin. On the Merlin Home page, you can click on Edit your profile, enter your IHG Rewards club number in the appropriate field and save your information finally.
- If you don’t have a Merlin ID, your hotel should provide your manager with IHG Rewards Club Member number to enroll the employee into the IHG Employee Room Benefit Programme. The validation of programme has been expired for every six months and it’s the responsibility to have it renew the application as well.
- If an employment has been validated, you will be able to reserve up to two rooms at the employment rate.
- Employee Room Benefit Programme rooms will be subjected to the room allocations and space availability at any Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, Hotel Indigo, Candlewood Hotels, Hualaxe, Even Hotels, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, or InterContinental Hotel worldwide.
- You will not be allowed to make bookings more than 90 days in advance.
- Employee rates do not qualify for IHG Rewards Club points.
- The employee who made the reservation should check in and stay at the hotel for duration.
- The reservations are subject to the standard room cancellation procedures, applicable taxes, and regular service charges.
- The white cards are phased out in May and no longer accepted or required after August 2014.
- At the time of check-in at hotel, you must present your photo identification whose name appears on the reservation.
- Employee rate is available for maximum of two rooms per colleague per night with a maximum of 7 rooms nights per hotel each year.
- Employees will not be allowed to stay in their hotel at the employee rate.
- Contractors and third-party contractors won’t be eligible for accessing the benefit of IHG Employee Room Benefit programme.
You can join as a member for IHG which is one of the leading hotel companies in the world. It is proud to be accredited as an Aon Global Best Employer. As it has embedded with award winning brands, it makes IHG as a leading hotel company. The company has included with distinct passions and personalities that make true hospitality which is real for guests. Know more about it
IHG Graduate Programmes
IHG hotel company is providing a wide range of benefits to graduates along with tailored programmes to help become a future leader.
IHG Rewards Club Performance Tracker
IHG Rewards Club Performance Tracker is available on IHG Merlin portal that is an online tool designed for employees to access the key information about their key performance which is related to the standards of IHG Rewards Club. Essentially, this online tool allows the hotels to access various kinds of benefits such as:
- Monitor the IHG Rewards Club Performance results
- Request or view exceptions to key standards
- Compare the performance against key standards
- Review all pending exception requests which are related to the key standards
- Review loyalty champion engagement
- For improving the performance, create and manage Loyalty Champion Quarterly Champion action plans.
How to Locate Performance Tracker on Merlin
- At initial point, you need to log into IHG Merlin account.
- In the search area, you have to search for IHG Rewards Club Performance Tracker tool.
- Click on performance tracker tool under search results.
- Click on open this application to open or add to my applications to add it to your personal favourites list.
- Now, you will be automatically logged into the account and get access to the hotel’s performance tracker home page.
Performance Tracker Navigation
Essentially, Performance Tracker tool has included three features such as standard reports, champion tools, and exception requests. Standard reports offering a summary of your hotels’ performance.
- Standard Reports
Through the standard reports feature, it shows your hotel’s monthly and quarterly performance against the key IHG Rewards Club Rewards. It has been provided various kinds of benefits such as reward nights, hotel training, loyalty champion details, welcome amenity standards, and member recognition.
Under loyalty champion, you can find the details included name, Merlin ID, current champion level, and next steps to progress to the next champion level if necessary. In order to update the information including changing or correcting the details like Champion’s name, you can logged into the IHG Merlin account.
Reward nights also measured quarterly and results will be displayed at the end of every quarter. Hotels training report also displayed the training modules which are required to be completed by your hotel’s employees and hotel’s progress towards completion.
With the feature of welcome amenity, it is offering an amenity for IHG Rewards Club Gold, Platinum, and Spire Elite members. Additionally, it provides a snapshot of your hotel details that included hotel revenue, reward nights, enrollment, and email capture activities.
Loyalty Champion Dashboard
This loyalty champion dashboard allows the champions to review their level of engagement with training and activities that help them to grow the skills. Available sub categories included recommended actions, action plan, quarterly calls, workshops, source access, eLearning, and standards report. Rewards
The champions grow and become successful at their current level. So, it provides the action steps to progress to the next loyalty champion level.
To access IHG Rewards Club Source, champions are required for every 30 days for achieving and maintaining Champion club level.
IHG recommended workshops dashboard displays the status of your hotel’s recommended champion workshops. It lets to access incomplete workshops.
IHG Loyalty Champions have to attend regional champion calls which help them to succeed in the role and responsibilities. According to the region, call frequency can vary monthly, quarterly, and bi-monthly. While attending the calls to receive credit, it is remember to provide your Merlin ID and hotel code.
To get started with the IHG Action plans, you have to click on create a new action plan. However, you will have only one action plan per quarter and each action plan can have up to 4 action items. It has been presented with your hotel’s champion information as well as brands, region, and action plan period.
- Create a new action item
- Choose action item focus
In the drop down list, you need to select one of the action items or choose other to add your own focus item.
- View examples of action items
You can use the drop down list of example for action items.
- Provide ways in which you measure the success of your action items.
- To complete the action date, the due date is the anticipated date.
- If you have completed the adding of action plans, you can click on submit this action plan.
- Now, you will be prompted to confirm that your action plan has been reviewed with the team and GM.
If you have any issues, you can contact the customer service team of IHG Rewards Club Hotel Help Desk.
More About IHG
IHG is one of the eminent world’s hotel companies which having over 375,000 people working across almost 100 countries for delivering true hospitality for everyone. It has included a diverse portfolio of brands which are well known and loved by millions of customers. It has received a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index.Visit global brands